This post may contain affiliate links from which I may earn a commission without any cost to you. Read our policy for details.
Do you use Cash App to send and receive money? If yes, then you probably know what a Cashtag or Cash App name is. But do you know how to choose a unique and creative Cashtag that reflects your personality and style? If not, then this article is for you.
In this article, I will explain what a Cash App and a Cashtag are, why they are important, and how to choose the perfect Cashtag for yourself. I will also give you some tips and tricks to make your Cashtag stand out from the crowd.
And finally, I will share with you 901 unique Cash App name ideas that you can use or customize for your own Cashtag.
So, let’s get started!
Cash App is a mobile app that allows you to send and receive money instantly with just a few taps on your phone. You can use it to pay your friends, family, or anyone else who has a Cash App account. You can also use it to buy and sell Bitcoin, invest in stocks, or get discounts at your favorite stores.
If you are not still on the app, you are missing out on a lot of convenience. Plus, a lot of free money, like cash app bonuses and boosts.
You can download the Cash App here and use the code DQDVLXG to get a $5 sign-up bonus (or learn more about that here)
But how do you identify yourself on Cash App? How do you let others know where to send or request money from you? That’s where Cashtags come in.
A Cashtag is a unique username that you create when you sign up for Cash App. It starts with a dollar sign ($) followed by a word or a combination of words and numbers. For example, mine is $moneyfromsidehustle.
Your Cashtag is your personal link to your Cash App account. You can share it with anyone who wants to pay you or request money from you. You can also use it to access your Cash App profile on the web. For example, if you type www.cash.app/$moneyfromsidehustle in your browser, you will see my profile page.
Cashtags are not only convenient but also fun and expressive. They allow you to show off your personality and style while making transactions easier and more personalized.
How to Choose the Perfect Cashtag
Choosing a Cashtag is easy, but you want it to be unique, memorable, and relevant to you. You also want it to be available and not taken by someone else.
You can only claim a Cashtag if you have an active debit card linked to your account.
So, how do you find the perfect Cashtag for yourself? Here are some steps that can help you:
Step 1: Reflect on your personal brand or identity
The first step is to think about who you are and what you want to convey with your Cashtag. What are some words or phrases that describe you? Some things that make you unique or special? What are some aspects of your life that are important to you?
For example, if you are a finance expert who loves using hashtags, like me, you might want to use words like money, cash, finance, expert, savvy, smart, etc.
Step 2: Brainstorm keywords and phrases
The next step is to brainstorm some keywords and phrases that relate to your personal brand or identity if your exact brand name is not available. You can use a dictionary, a thesaurus, or an online tool like WordHippo or RhymeZone to find synonyms, antonyms, rhymes, or related words.
For example, some synonyms for money are bucks, dough, moolah, etc. Some rhymes for cash are stash, dash, splash, etc.
Step 3: Mix and match words and numbers
The third step is to mix and match different words and numbers to create potential Cashtags. You can use add numbers at the end or in between words, or use abbreviations or acronyms.
For example, some possible Cashtags based on the keywords from step 2 are $BucksExpert, $DoughSavvy, $MoolahSmart, $CashStash, $Dash4Cash, $SplashCash, $Money101, $Finance4U, $Savvy5, $SmartCash, etc.
Step 4: Check for availability
The fourth step is to check if the Cashtags you came up with are available or not. You can do this by typing them in the Cash App app or on the web. If the Cashtag is available, you will see a green check mark next to it.
If it is taken by someone else, you will see a red cross mark next to it. Cashtags are given on a first-come, first-serve basis, so if someone has used your desired Cash App name, it will not be available for you.
Step 5: Finalize your selection
The final step is to choose the best Cashtag among the available ones. You want to pick one that is catchy, easy to remember, and reflects your personal brand or identity well.
For example, I chose $moneyfromsidehustle because it was available, matched my brand name, and conveyed my expertise in finance well.
Tips for Creating a Unique and Memorable Cashtag
Now that you know how to choose the perfect Cashtag for yourself, here are some tips and tricks that can help you make it even more unique and memorable:
- Keep it short and simple: The shorter and simpler your Cashtag is, the easier it will be for others to remember and type it. Try to limit your Cashtag to one word or two words at most. Avoid using long or complicated words that might confuse others.
- Use a combination of letters and numbers: Adding numbers to your Cashtag can make it more distinctive and creative. You can use numbers that have some meaning or significance to you, such as your birth year, your lucky number, or your favorite number. You can also use numbers that rhyme or sound like words, such as 8 (ate), 4 (for), 2 (too), etc.
- Avoid using special characters or spaces: Special characters such as hyphens (-), underscores (_), dots (.), or spaces ( ) are not allowed in Cashtags. They might also make your Cashtag harder to read or write. Stick to letters and numbers only.
- Consider using a play on words or puns: A play on words or a pun is a humorous way of using words that have more than one meaning or sound alike but have different meanings. Using a play on words or a pun can make your Cashtag more fun and witty. For example, $BeeHappy is a play on words that uses bee instead of be, and $DoughNate is a pun that uses dough instead of donate.
Changing Your Cashtag
What if you change your mind about your Cashtag after choosing it? What if you want to update it or switch it up? Can you change your Cashtag?
The answer is yes, you can change your Cashtag anytime but there are some limitations and restrictions that you need to know:
Reasons for changing a Cashtag
There are many reasons why you might want to change your Cashtag. Some of them are:
- You made a typo or mistake when creating your Cashtag
- You want to match your Cashtag with your new name
- You want to change your personal brand or identity
- You want to try something different or more creative
- You want to avoid confusion with someone else who has a similar Cashtag
Step-by-step guide to changing your Cashtag
Changing your Cashtag is easy and takes only a few minutes. Here are the steps that you need to follow:
- Open the Cash App app on your phone
- Tap on the profile icon on the top left corner of the screen
- Tap on the current Cashtag under your name
- Tap on the edit icon next to the current Cashtag
- Enter the new Cashtag that you want
- Tap on save
While changing your Cashtag is possible and simple, there are some limitations and restrictions that you need to be aware of:
- You can only change your Cashtag twice (so be careful as second time will be your last change)
- You cannot claim a Cashtag that belongs to someone else
- You cannot claim a reserved or prohibited Cashtag such as $CashApp
- You cannot claim an offensive or inappropriate Cashtag such as $IHateYou
However, if you want to use your previous Cash App name, you can revert back to it as it is reserved for you.
901 Unique Cash App Name Ideas
Now that you know everything about Cash App and Cashtags and how to choose them wisely, it’s time for some inspiration!
Here are 901 unique Cash App name ideas that I have collected for you. You can use them as they are or customize them according to your preferences.
Creative and Unique Cashtag Examples
A few of these might not be available as Cash App names are regularly taken up by new users.
Personal Names and Variations
- $FirstNameCity (e.g., $SophiaBoston)
- $InitialsYear (e.g., $JDS1995)
- $NameFaveColor (e.g., $MichaelBlue)
- $LastNameAdjective (e.g., $SmithCreative)
- $NameBirthMonth (e.g., $EmmaJune)
- $NickNameNumber (e.g., $Maddy22)
- $FirstLastInitial (e.g., $OliviaLR)
- $FullNameBirthYear (e.g., $LucasMiller2002)
- $InitialsFaveAnimal (e.g., $APLion)
- $NameHometown (e.g., $EthanAustin)
- $FirstThreeLetters (e.g., $AvaEve)
- $NameDreamJob (e.g., $MasonAstronaut)
- $FirstNameLastTwoLetters (e.g., $LilyYZ)
- $NameMemorableDate (e.g., $Aiden0215)
- $InitialsBirthDay (e.g., $NLP17)
- $NameFirstThreeLetters (e.g., $EllaELL)
- $FirstNameZodiac (e.g., $AbigailTaurus)
- $NameFaveSport (e.g., $LoganSoccer)
- $NameInspiringWord (e.g., $GraceStrong)
- $InitialsHobby (e.g., $RDTPhotography)
- $FirstNameFaveFood (e.g., $JacksonPizza)
- $NameFaveBook (e.g., $AmeliaPotter)
- $FirstLuckyNumber (e.g., $Benjamin8)
- $NameFaveMovie (e.g., $AveryTitanic)
- $InitialsFaveSubject (e.g., $SCMMath)
- $FirstNameLastInitial (e.g., $ScarlettF)
- $NameFaveVacation (e.g., $SebastianParis)
- $InitialsInspiringPerson (e.g., $JFKEinstein)
- $NameThreeInitials (e.g., $VictoriaABC)
- $FirstNameFirstTwoLetters (e.g., $CamilaCA)
- $NameFaveSong (e.g., $SamuelImagine)
- $InitialsHometown (e.g., $KLMDallas)
- $NameFaveSeason (e.g., $GiannaSummer)
- $FirstNameAspiration (e.g., $CalebDoctor)
- $InitialsSuperhero (e.g., $RPJBatman)
- $NameLastThreeLetters (e.g., $GenesisSIS)
- $FirstFaveElement (e.g., $LeahGold)
- $NameUniqueCombo (e.g., $JamesonStar42)
- $InitialsFaveFlower (e.g., $ZTLRose)
- $FirstNameHabitat (e.g., $EmilyForest)
- $NameFaveGame (e.g., $ZoeyMonopoly)
- $InitialsFaveColor (e.g., $NKRRed)
- $NameFaveMusician (e.g., $CarterBowie)
- $FirstNameMythicalCreature (e.g., $MadelynUnicorn)
- $InitialsFaveCity (e.g., $PSLTokyo)
- $NameFaveCandy (e.g., $ChristianSkittles)
- $FirstNameWeather (e.g., $AlexaSunshine)
- $NameFaveTVShow (e.g., $JohnFriends)
- $InitialsFaveArtist (e.g., $MLRVanGogh)
- $FirstNameLastThreeLetters (e.g., $AdelineLNE)
- $NameBirthstone (e.g., $EvelynEmerald)
- $InitialsSportsTeam (e.g., $ADWYankees)
- $NameFavePlanet (e.g., $IsaiahMars)
- $FirstNameFaveInstrument (e.g., $RubyGuitar)
- $InitialsFaveCar (e.g., $WFDTesla)
- $NameFaveBand (e.g., $WyattBeatles)
- $FirstNameAstrologicalSign (e.g., $PiperAquarius)
- $NameLastFourLetters (e.g., $HudsonSONN)
- $InitialsAnimal (e.g., $XMPKoala)
- $FirstNameFaveDrink (e.g., $HenryCola)
- $NameFaveSuperpower (e.g., $MilaTelepathy)
- $InitialsMythology (e.g., $TJEAthena)
- $NameFaveDessert (e.g., $LaylaCupcake)
- $FirstNameLastLetter (e.g., $RyanN)
- $NameLastTwoLetters (e.g., $LillianAN)
- $FirstNameFaveHoliday (e.g., $AubreyHalloween)
- $NameFaveAuthor (e.g., $NathanHemingway)
- $InitialsLuckyNumber (e.g., $BYQ5)
- $FirstNameFaveActor (e.g., $RaelynnHanks)
- $NameLastInitial (e.g., $DaniellaW)
- $InitialsFaveActress (e.g., $UMSStone)
- $NameUniqueWord (e.g., $LukeFantabulous)
- $FirstNameFaveGadget (e.g., $StellaDrone)
- $NameCelestialBody (e.g., $XavierNebula)
- $InitialsFaveSong (e.g., $VKNBohemian)
- $NameFaveToy (e.g., $LondonLego)
- $FirstNameMusicGenre (e.g., $JosephJazz)
- $InitialsFaveQuote (e.g., $QDRCarpeDiem)
- $NameInitials (e.g., $NorahNKA)
- $FirstNameLastTwoLetters (e.g., $SawyerYR)
- $NameFaveDance (e.g., $SophieTango)
- $InitialsBookTitle (e.g., $JXCNarnia)
- $NameFaveSportsteam (e.g., $RomanLakers)
- $FirstNameInitial (e.g., $ArianaA)
- $NameFaveEmoji (e.g., $CameronSmiley)
- $InitialsFaveFilm (e.g., $FKBInception)
- $NameUniqueCharacter (e.g., $KaylaMoonbeam)
- $FirstNameFaveAnimal (e.g., $BraydenPenguin)
- $InitialsFaveLandmark (e.g., $GHWEiffel)
- $NameFaveMyth (e.g., $BrookeAtlantis)
- $FirstNameSuperlative (e.g., $MicahAwesome)
- $InitialsFaveDisney (e.g., $SJZMulan)
- $NameFaveFruit (e.g., $KylieStrawberry)
- $FirstNameFaveElement (e.g., $MaxwellOxygen)
- $InitialsFaveBoardGame (e.g., $RBPCatan)
- $NameFaveGemstone (e.g., $IsabelleTopaz)
- $FirstNameFaveVehicle (e.g., $HarperBike)
- $InitialsFavePoet (e.g., $LJFFrost)
- $NameFaveTree (e.g., $ElijahRedwood)
- $FirstNameMythicalPlace (e.g., $IslaAsgard)
Business and Professional Names
Based On Hobbies & Interests
Word Play & Puns
Based On Pop Culture Reference
Motivation & Inspiration
Cute Cash App Name
Chose An Representative & Easy Cashtag For Convenience
Choosing a unique and creative Cash App name is not only fun but also important. It can help you express your personality and style while making transactions easier and more personalized. It can also help you stand out from the crowd and attract more attention and money.
I have also given you some tips and tricks to make your Cashtag more unique and memorable and many unique Cash App name ideas that you can use or customize for your own Cashtag.
I hope you have found some inspiration and ideas for your own Cashtag. Don’t hesitate to create or change your Cashtag today if you have.
- How to customize your cash app card
- How to earn free money on Cash App
- Hobbies to make money
- How to load your cash app card
Sumeet is a Certified Financial Education Instructor℠ (CFEI®) and the founder of Dollarsrise. He has been writing about earning extra cash online from his personal experiences for the last four years and his work has been quoted in top finance websites like Yahoo! Finance, GOBankingRates, CNBC, and more. Follow this website to learn easy and real-life hacks to raise your pile of dollars.